1) Klassen CD. Toxicology. 8th ed. New York: Maxwell McMillan Int; 1991.
2) Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Sources of Lead. 2015. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/tips/sources.htm
3) Centre of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Jobs that may have lead exposure. 2017. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/lead/jobs.html
4) Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR). Toxicological profile for lead. 2007. Available from: https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp.asp?id=96&tid=22
5) The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics (AOEC). Medical Management Guidelines for Lead-Exposed Adults. 2007. Available from: http://www.aoec.org/documents/positions/MMG_FINAL.pdf
6) Flora SJ, Mittal M, Mehta A. Heavy metal induced oxidative stress & its possible reversal by chelation therapy. Indian J Med Res 2008;128:501-23.
7) Robert AG, Thomas WC. Toxic effects of metals. 7th ed. United States: McGraw-Hill Professional; 2007.
8) Kazmi T, Omair A. Control of Lead Poisoning in Pakistan. J Pak Med Assoc 2005;55:409–10.
9) Rahman A, Maqbool E, Zuberi HS. Lead-associated deficits in stature, mental ability and behaviour in children in Karachi. Ann Trop Paediatr 2002;22:301–11.
10) Rahbar MH, White F, Agboatwalla M, Hobhabri S, Luby S. Factors associated with elevated blood lead concentrations in children in Karachi, Pakistan. Bull World Health Organ 2002;80:769–75.
11) Hozhabri S, White F, Rahbar MH, Agboatwalla M, Luby S. Elevated blood lead levels among children living in a fishing community, Karachi, Pakistan. Arch Environ Health 2004;59:37–41.
12) Agha F, Sadaruddin A, Khatoon N. Effect of environmental lead pollution on blood Lead levels in Traffic Police Constables in Islamabad, Pakistan. J Pak Med Assoc 2005;55:410-3.
13) Gordon JN, Taylor A, Bennett PN. Lead poisoning: case studies. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2002;53:451-8.
14) Fazal O, Madraswala M, Bangash SSM, Karim M. An assessment of toxicology telephone calls received by the drug and poison information centre at Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan. Southern Med Review 2010;2:24-6.
15) DAWN. Karachi exposed to acute lead pollution. 2009. Available from: https://www.dawn.com/news/879770
16) Mbarouk GS, Sawe HR, Mfinanga JA, Stein J, Levin S, Mwafongo V, et al. Patients with acute poisoning presenting to an urban emergency department of a tertiary hospital in Tanzania. BMC Res Notes 2017;10:482.
17) Flora G, Gupta D, Tiwari A. Toxicity of lead: A review with recent updates. Interdiscip Toxicol 2012;5:47-58.
18) Vaziri ND. Mechanisms of lead-induced hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2008;295:H454-65.
19) D’souza HS, Dsouza SA, Menezes G, Venkatesh T. Diagnosis, Evaluation, and Treatment of Lead Poisoning in General Population. Indian J Clin Biochem 2011;26:197-201.
20) Cory-Slechta DA. Legacy of lead exposure: consequences for the central nervous system. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1996;114:224-6.
21) Flora SJS, Flora G, Saxena G. Environmental occurrence, health effects and management of lead poisoning. 1st ed. Netherlands: Elsevier Publication; 2006.
22) Sanders T, Liu Y, Buchner V, Tchounwou PB. Neurotoxic effects and
biomarkers of lead exposure: A Review. Rev Environ Health 2009;24:15-45.
23) Vaziri ND. Mechanisms of lead-induced hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Am J Physiol 2008;295:H454–H65.
24) Ji JS, Schwartz J, Sparrow D, Hu H, Weisskopf MG. Occupational Determinants of Cumulative Lead Exposure: Analysis of Bone Lead Among Men in the VA Normative Aging Study. J Occup Environ Med 2014;56:435-40.
25) Kadir MM, Janjua NZ, Kristensen S, Fatmi Z, Sathiakumar N. Status of children’s blood lead levels in Pakistan: implications for research and policy. Public health 2008;122:708-15.
26) Basit S, Karim N, Munshi AB. Occupational lead toxicity in battery workers. Pak J Med Sci 2015;31:775-780.
27) Ahmad ASK, Khan MH, Khandkar S, Sarwar AFM, Yasmin N, Faruquee MH, et al. Blood Lead Levels and Health Problems of Lead Acid Battery Workers in Bangladesh. Sci
World J 2014;2014:7.
28) Khalil M, Rashid J, Khan MMN, Iqbal MS. Determination of serum lead levels in children aged 1–6 years with or without history of pica. Pakistan Ped J 2004;28:26–30.
29) Clark CS, Thuppil V, Clark R, Sinha S, Menezes G, D’Souza H, et al. Lead in paint and soil in Karnataka and Gujarat (India). J Occup Environ Hyg 2005;2:38–44.
30) Gunturu KS, Nagarajan P, McPhedran P, Goodman TR, Hodsdon ME, Strout MP. Ayurvedic herbal medicine and lead poisoning. J Hematol Oncol 2011;4:51.
31) Flora SJ, Pachauri V. Chelation in metal intoxication. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2010;7:2745–88.
32) Gwini S, MacFarlane E, Del Monaco A, McLean D, Pisaniello D, Benke GP, et al. Cancer incidence, mortality, and blood lead levels among workers exposed to inorganic lead. Ann Epidemiol 2012;22:270-6.