1. Razwiedani L, Rautenbach P. Epidemiology of Organophosphate Poisoning in the Tshwane District of South Africa. Environ Health Insights 2017;11:10–3.
2. Samimi A, Rahmani AH, Ababaf R, Zeidooni L. An Investigation of Clinical Symptoms and Treatment of Organophosphate Poisoning among Patients Referred to Razi Hospital during 2006 – 2012. Asia Pac J Med Toxicol 2016;5:107-10.
3. Gündüz E, Dursun R, Icer M, Zengin Y, Güllü MN, Durgun HM, et al. Factors affecting mortality in patients with organophosphate poisoning. J Pak Med Assoc 2013;967–72.
4. Umakanth M.Clinical Profile of Deliberate Self Poisoning in Eastern Part of the Sri Lanka. Saudi J Med Pharm Sci 2017;3:1084–7.
5. Umakanth M. Prevalence of Organophosphate poisoning in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka. Asia Pac J Med Toxicol 2017;6:115-7
6. Senanayake N KL. Neurotoxic effects of organophosphorus insecticides: An intermediate syndrome. N Engl J Med 1987;316:761–3.
7. Azazh A. Severe organophosphate poisoning with delayed cholinergic crisis, intermediate syndrome and organophosphate induced delayed polyneuropathy on succession. Ethiop J Health Sci 2011;21:203–8
8. Rastogi SK, Tripathi S RD. A study of neurologic symptoms on exposure to organophosphate pesticides in the children of agricultural workers. Indian J Occup Env Med 2010;14:54–7.
9. Jayawardane P, Dawson AH, Weerasinghe V, Karalliedde L, Buckley NA, Senanayake N. The spectrum of intermediate syndrome following acute organophosphate poisoning: A prospective cohort study from Sri Lanka. PLoS Med 2008;5:1143–53.
10. Huang Y-T, Lai P-C, Su C-Y, Chen Y-T, Cai C-Z, Wang C-H. Intermediate Syndrome After Organophosphate Ingestion. Tzu Chi Med J 2007;19:159–63.
11. He F, Xu H, Qin F, Xu L, Huang J HX. Intermediate myasthenia syndrome following acute organophosphate poisoning. Hum Exp Toxicol 1998;17:40.
12. De Bleecker J, Van den Neucker K CF. Intermediate syndrome in organophosphorous poisoning - a prospective study. Crit Care Med 1993;21:1706–11.
13. Good JL, Khurana RK, Mayer RF, Cintra WM, Albuquerque EX. Pathophysiological studies of neuromuscular function in subacute organophosphate poisoning induced by phosmet. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1993;56:290–4.
14. De Bleecker JL. The intermediate syndrome in organophosphate poisoning an overview of experimental and clinical observations. Clin Toxicol 1995;33:683-6.
15. Yang D, Lu X, Zhang W HF. Biochemical changes in primary culture of skeletal muscle cells following dimethoate exposure. Toxicol 2002;174:79–85.
16. Mathew J, Oommen A ZA. Muscle injury in organophosphorous poisoning and its role in the development of intermediate syndrome. Neurotoxicol 2003;24:43-53.
17. [No Author]. Organophosphate poisoning and treatment. Available from: https://www.openanesthesia.org/organophosphate poisoning_ diagnosis_and_treatment/
18. Dandapani M, Zachariah A, Kavitha MR, Jeyaseelan L, Oommen A. Oxidative damage in intermediate syndrome of acute organophosphorous poisoning. Indian J Med Res 2003;117:253–9.
19. Sungur M, Guven M. Intensive care management of organophosphate insecticide poisoning. Crit Care 2001;5:211–5.
20. Seabury RW, Sullivan R, Stork CM, Holland M. The persistent pesticide: a review of organophosphate poisoning. New York state poison centers; New York: 2013.
21. Yang CC, Deng JF. Intermediate syndrome following organophosphate insecticide poisoning. J Chinese Med Assoc 2007;70:467–72.
22. De Bleeker J, van den Neucker K CF. Intermediate syndrome in organophosphate poisoning: A prospective study. Crit Care Med 1993;21:1706.
23. Venkatesh S, Kavitha ML, Zachariah A OA. Progression of type I to type II paralysis in acute organo- phosphorous poisoning: is oxidative stress significant? Arch Toxicol 2006;80:354–61.
24. Karalliedde L, Baker D MT. Organophosphate- induced intermediate syndrome: aetiology and relationships with myopathy. Toxicol Rev 2006;25:1–14.
25. Giyanwani PR, Zubair U, Salam O, Zubair Z. Respiratory Failure Following Organophosphate Poisoning: A Literature Review. Cureus 2017;9:3–9.
26 . Hulse EJ, Davies JO, Simpson AJ, Sciuto AM, Eddleston M. Respiratory Complications of Organophosphorus Nerve Agent and Insecticide Poisoning. Implications for Respiratory and Critical Care.Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2014;190:1342-54.
27. Muñoz-Quezada MT, Lucero BA, Iglesias VP, Muñoz MP, Cornejo CA, Achu E, et al. Chronic exposure to organophosphate (OP) pesticides and neuropsychological functioning in farm workers: a review. Int J Occup Environ Health 2016;22:68–79.
28. Sönmez Ergün S, Öztürk K, Su Ö, Başar Gürsoy E, Uǧurad I, Yüksel G. Delayed neuropathy due to organophosphate insecticide injection in an attempt to commit suicide. Hand 2009;4:84–7.
29. Kobayashi S, Okubo R, Ugawa Y. Delayed Polyneuropathy Induced by Organophosphate Poisoning. Intern Med 2017;56:1903–5.
30. Vasconcellos LF, Leite AC NO. Organophosphate induced delayed neuropathy: case report. Arq Neuropsiquiatr 2002;60:1003–7.
31. Namba T, Nolte CT, Jackrel J GD. Poisoning due to organophosphate insecticides. Acute and chronic manifestations. Am J Med 1971;50:475.
32. Morgan JP PP. Jamaica ginger paralysis Forty-seven year follow up. Arch Neurol 1978;35:530.
33. Ding Q, Fang S, Chen X, Wang Y, Li J, Tian F, et al. TRPA1 channel mediates organophosphate-induced delayed neuropathy. Cell Discov 2017;3:1–15.
34. Igor De Lima Teixeira I, Bazan SGZ, Schelp AO, Luvizutto GJ, De Lima FD, Bazan R. Abnormal Spontaneous Eye Movements as Initial Presentation of Organophosphate Poisoning. Tremor Other Hyperkinet Mov (N Y) 2017;7:445.
35. Mahieu P, Hassoun A, Van Binst R, Lauwerys R DY. Severe and prolonged poisoning by fenthion Significance of the determination of the anticholinesterase capacity of plasma. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1982;19:425–32.
36. Gadoth N FA. Late onset of neuromuscular block in organophosphorus poisoning. Ann Intern Med 1978;88:654–5.
37. Karalliedde L. Organophosphorus poisoning and anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 1999;54:1073–88.
38. Bissbort SH, Vermaak WJ, Elias J, Bester MJ, Dhatt GS PJ. Novel test and its automation for the determi- nation of erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase and its appli- cation to organophosphate exposure. Clin Chim Acta 2001;303:139–45.
39. Thiermann H, Szinicz L, Eyer P, Zilker T WF. Correlation between red blood cell acetylcholineste rase activity and neuromuscular transmission in organo phosphate poison- ing. Chem Biol Interact 2005;345:157–8.
40. Gutmann L BR. Organophosphate intoxication: pharmacologic, neurophysiologic, clinical, and therapeutic considerations. Semin Neurol 1990;10:46–51.
41. Smith AP. Long-term effects of the anticholinesterases sarin and soman on latencies of muscle action potentials in mouse diaphragm muscle. J Pharm Pharmacol 1993;45:176–81.
42. Organization WH. Environmental Health Criteria , Organophosphorus Pesticides: A General Introduction. World Heal Organization: Geneva; 1986.
43. Lin CC, Hung DZ, Chen HY, Hsu KH. The effectiveness of patient-tailored treatment for acute organophosphate poisoning. Biomed J 2016;39:391–9.
44. Walton EL. Pralidoxime and pesticide poisoning: A question of severity? Biomed J 2016;39:373–5.
45. Eyer P. The role of oximes in the management of organophosphorus pesticide poisoning. Toxicol Rev 2003;22:165e90.
46. Eddleston M, Eyer P, Worek F, Juszczak E, Alder N, Mohamed F et al. Pralidoxime in acute organophosphorus insecticide poisoning e a randomized controlled trial. PLoS Med 2009;6:e1000104.
47. Gu HZ, Liu SZ, Jin WY, Zhu W, Zhu HY, Yang J et al. Comparison of three different administration methods of pralidoxime chlorine in the treatment of acute organophosphorus insecticide poisoning. Chin J Crit Care Med 2008;28:110e2.
48. Liu HX, Liu CF, Yang WH. Clinical study of continuous micropump infusion of atropine and pralidoxime chloride for treatment of severe acute organophosphorus insecticide poisoning. J Chinese Med Assoc 2015;78:709–13.
49. Yan YJ, Li XJ, Ning GY, Zhao XB, Pan YF, Yan XY et al. Clinical trial on standard treatment of acute organophosphorus poisoning. Chin J Ind Hyg Occup Dis 2010;28:321e4.
50. Eddleston M1, Eyer P, Worek F, Mohamed F, Senarathna L, von Meyer L et al. Differences between organophosphorus insecticides in human self-poisoning: a prospective cohort study. Lancet 2005;28:1452.
51. Patil G, Murthy N, Nikhil M. Contributing Factors for Morbidity and Mortality in Patients with Organophosphate Poisoning on Mechanical Ventilation: A Retrospective Study in a Teaching Hospital. J Clin Diagn Res 2016;10:UC18-UC20.
52. Disel NR, Acikalin A, Kekec Z, Sebe A. Utilization of plasmapheresis for organophosphate intoxication: A case report. Turkish J Emerg Med 2016;16:69–71.
53. Yilmaz M, Sebe A, Ay MO, Gumusay U, Topal M, Atli M, et al. Effectiveness of therapeutic plasma exchange in patients with intermediate syndrome due to organophosphate intoxication. Am J Emerg Med 2013;31:953-7.