1. Voyiaki S, Efstratopoulos A. Recent experience from an internal medicine clinic of a general hospital in Athens. Archives of the Hellenic Medical Society 1996;13(2):136-41.
2. Kessel N. Self-poisoning. I. Br Med J 1965 Nov 27;2(5473): 1265-70.
3. Dimakopoulou A, Rontos I, Spyropoulos I, Papamichael, E. Preliminary observations during the first year of running of Psychiatric Consultation Services in the Regional General
Hospital of Nikea "Damon Vasiliou". Encephalos 1989;26:168-72.
4. Rygnestad T, Hauge L. Epidemiological, social and psychiatric aspects in self-poisoned patients. A prospective comparative study from Trondheim, Norway between 1978 and 1987. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 1991 Mar;26(2):53-62.
5. Tountas C, Sotiropoulos A, Skliros SA, Kotsini V, Peppas TA, Tamvakos E, et al. Voluntary self-poisoning as a cause of admission to a tertiary hospital internal medicine clinic in Piraeus, Greece within a year. BMC Psychiatry 2001;1:4.
6. Hawton K, Fagg J. Suicide, and other causes of death, following attempted suicide. Br J Psychiatry 1988 Mar;152:359-66.
7. Owens D, Horrocks J, House A. Fatal and non-fatal repetition of self-harm. Systematic review. Br J Psychiatry 2002 Sep;181:193-9.
8. Sakinofsky I. Repetition of suicidal behaviour. In: The International Handbook of Suicide and Attempted Suicide. Hawton K, van Heeringen K, editors. Chichester: Wiley; 2002. p.385-404.
9. Hawton K, Zahl D, Weatherall R. Suicide following deliberate self-harm: long-term follow-up of patients who presented to a general hospital. Br J Psychiatry 2003 Jun;182:537-42.
10. Mauri MC, Cerveri G, Volonteri LS, Fiorentini A, Colasanti A, Manfré S, et al. Parasuicide and drug self-poisoning: analysis of the epidemiological and clinical variables of the patients admitted to the Poisoning Treatment Centre (CAV), Niguarda General Hospital, Milan. Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 2005 Apr 28;1(1):5. doi:10.1186/1745-0179-1-5
11. Meehan PJ, Lamb JA, Saltzman LE, O'Carroll PW. Attempted suicide among young adults: progress toward a meaningful estimate of prevalence. Am J Psychiatry 1992 Jan;149(1):41-4.
12. Hawton K. Assessment of suicide risk. Br J Psychiatry 1987 Feb;150:145-53.
13. Diekstra RF. Suicide and suicide attempts in the European Economic Community: an analysis of trends, with special emphasis upon trends among the young. Suicide Life Threat Behav 1985 Spring;15(1):27-42.
14. Diekstra RF. The epidemiology of suicide and parasuicide. Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl 1993;371:9-20.
15. Hawton K, Harriss L, Zahl D. Deaths from all causes in a long-term follow-up study of 11,583 deliberate self-harm patients. Psychol Med 2006 Mar;36(3):397-405.
16. Zahl DL, Hawton K. Repetition of deliberate self-harm and subsequent suicide risk: long-term follow-up study of 11,583 patients. Br J Psychiatry 2004 Jul;185:70-5.
17. Krug EG, Mercy JA, Dahlberg LL, Zwi AB. The world report on violence and health. Lancet. 2002 Oct 5;360(9339):1083-8.
18. American College of Surgeons, Committee on Trauma. Advanced Life Support Course for Physicians. Chicago: American College of Surgeons; 1993.
19. Kelly CA, Upex A, Bateman DN. Comparison of consciousness level assessment in the poisoned patient using the alert/verbal/painful/unresponsive scale and the Glasgow Coma Scale. Ann Emerg Med 2004 Aug;44(2):108-13.
20. Powell J, Geddes J, Deeks J, Goldacre M, Hawton K. Suicide in psychiatric hospital in-patients. Risk factors and their predictive power. Br J Psychiatry 2000 Mar;176:266-72.
21. Eagles JM, Klein S, Gray NM, Dewar IG, Alexander DA. Role of psychiatrists in the prediction and prevention of suicide: a perspective from north-east Scotland. Br J Psychiatry 2001 Jun;178:494-6.
22. Carter G, Reith DM, Whyte IM, McPherson M. Repeated self-poisoning: increasing severity of self-harm as a predictor of subsequent suicide. Br J Psychiatry 2005 Mar;186:253-7.
23. Bille-Brahe U. The role of sex and age in suicidal behavior. Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl 1993;371:21-7.
24. Buckley NA, Dawson AH, Whyte IM, Hazell P, Meza A, Britt H. An analysis of age and gender influences on the relative risk for suicide and psychotropic drug self-poisoning. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1996 Mar;93(3):168-71.
25. Welch SS. A review of the literature on the epidemiology of parasuicide in the general population. Psychiatr Serv 2001 Mar;52(3):368-75.
26. Batt A, Tron I, Depoivre C, Trehony A. Suicide attempts in Brittany (France). Distribution at the regional level. (in French) Encephale 1993 Nov-Dec;19(6):619-25.
27. Stone IC. Observations and statistics relating to suicide weapons. J Forensic Sci. 1987 May;32(3):711-6.
28. Maris RW, Berman AL, Silverman MM. Comprehensive textbook of suicidology. New York: Guilford Press; 2000.
29. Goldston DB, Daniel SS, Erkanli A, Reboussin BA, Mayfield A, Frazier PH, et al. Psychiatric diagnoses as contemporaneous risk factors for suicide attempts among adolescents and young adults: developmental changes. J Consult Clin Psychol 2009 Apr;77(2):281-90.
30. Beautrais AL. Risk factors for suicide and attempted suicide among young people. Aust N Z J Psychiatry 2000 Jun;34(3):420-36.
31. Joiner TE Jr, Conwell Y, Fitzpatrick KK, Witte TK, Schmidt NB, Berlim MT, et al. Four studies on how past and current suicidality relate even when "everything but the kitchen sink" is covaried. J Abnorm Psychol 2005 May;114(2):291-303.
32. Cassano GB, Pancheri P, Pavan L, Pazzagli A, Ravizza L, Rossi R, et al. Trattato Italiano di Psichiatria [Italian Treatise on Psychitary]. (in Italian) Milan: Masson; 1999.
33. Alsén M, Ekedahl A, Lِwenhielm P, Niméus A, Regnéll G, Trنskman-Bendz L. Medicine self-poisoning and the sources of the drugs in Lund, Sweden. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1994 Apr;89(4):255-61.
34. Roy A. Characteristics of cocaine-dependent patients who attempt suicide. Am J Psychiatry 2001 Aug;158(8):1215-9.