1. Kadowaki D, Sumikawa S, Arimizu K, Taguchi K, Kitamura K, Ishitsuka Y, et al. Effect of acetaminophen on the progression of renal damage in adenine induced renal failure model rats. Life sci 2012;91:1304-8.
2. Panizo N, Rubio-Navarro A, Amaro-Villalobos JM, Egido J, Moreno JA. Molecular mechanisms and novel therapeutic approaches to rhabdomyolysis-induced acute kidney injury. Kidney Blood Press Res 2015;40:520-32.
3. Tang W-X, Wu W-H, Qiu H-Y, Bo H, Huang S-M. Amelioration of rhabdomyolysis-induced renal mitochondrial injury and apoptosis through suppression of Drp-1 translocation. J Nephrol 2013;26:1073-82.
4. El-Ashker MR. Acute kidney injury mediated by oxidative stress in Egyptian horses with exertional rhabdomyolysis. Vet Res Commun 2011;35:311-20.
5. Billings FT, Ball SK, Roberts LJ, Pretorius M. Postoperative acute kidney injury is associated with hemoglobinemia and an enhanced oxidative stress response. Free Radic Biol Med 2011;50:1480-7.
6. Plotnikov E, Chupyrkina A, Jankauskas S, Pevzner I, Silachev D, Skulachev V, et al. Mechanisms of nephroprotective effect of mitochondria-targeted antioxidants under rhabdomyolysis and ischemia/reperfusion. Biochim Biophys Acta 2011;1812:77-86.
7. Gu H, Yang M, Zhao X, Zhao B, Sun X, Gao X. Pretreatment with hydrogen-rich saline reduces the damage caused by glycerol-induced rhabdomyolysis and acute kidney injury in rats. J Surg Res 2014;188:243-9.
8. Janz DR, Ware LB. The role of red blood cells and cell-free hemoglobin in the pathogenesis of ARDS. J Intensive Care 2015;3:20.
9. Boutaud O, Moore KP, Reeder BJ, Harry D, Howie AJ, Wang S, et al. Acetaminophen inhibits hemoprotein-catalyzed lipid peroxidation and attenuates rhabdomyolysis-induced renal failure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2010;107:2699-704.
10. Nair PK, Revi NG. One-year study on pattern of acute pharmaceutical and chemical poisoning cases admitted to a tertiary care hospital in Thrissur, India. Asia Pac J Med Toxicol 2015;4:79-82.
11. Fan AY, Che AH, Pan B, Yang C, Coulter CV, Shieffelbien L, et al. Investigating Childhood and Adolescence Poisoning Exposures in New Zealand Reported to the National Poisons Centre during 2000-2009. Asia Pac J Med Toxicol 2013;2:52-7.
12. Blough ER, Wu M. Acetaminophen: beyond pain and fever-relieving. Front Pharmacol 2011;2:72.
13. Better OS, Abassi ZA. Early fluid resuscitation in patients with rhabdomyolysis. Nat Rev Nephrol 2011;7:416-22.
14. Oates JA, Roberts LJ, Porter NA, Boutaud O. Inhibitors of hemeprotein-catalyzed lipid peroxidation. Google Patents; 2015.
15. Zhong H, Lu J, Xia L, Zhu M, Yin H. Formation of electrophilic oxidation products from mitochondrial cardiolipin in vitro and in vivo in the context of apoptosis and atherosclerosis. Redox biol 2014;2:878-83.
16. Yin H, Vergeade A, Shi Q, Zackert WE, Gruenberg KC, Bokiej M, et al. Acetaminophen inhibits cytochrome c redox cycling induced lipid peroxidation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012;423:224-8.
17. O’Neal JB, Shaw AD, Billings FT. Acute kidney injury following cardiac surgery: current understanding and future directions. Crit Care 2016;20:187.
18. Simpson SA, Zaccagni H, Bichell DP, Christian KG, Mettler BA, Donahue BS, et al. Acetaminophen attenuates lipid peroxidation in children undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2014;15:503-10.
19. Billings IV FT, Petracek MR, Roberts II LJ, Pretorius M. Perioperative intravenous acetaminophen attenuates lipid peroxidation in adults undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass: a randomized clinical trial. PloS one 2015;10:e0117625.
20. Wang C, Blough E, Arvapalli R, Dai X, Triest WE, Leidy JW, et al. Acetaminophen attenuates glomerulosclerosis in obese Zucker rats via reactive oxygen species/p38MAPK signaling pathways. Free Radic Biol Med 2015;81:47-57.
21. Janz DR, Bastarache JA, Peterson JF, Sills G, Wickersham N, May AK, et al. Association between cell-free hemoglobin, acetaminophen, and mortality in patients with sepsis: an observational study. Crit Care med 2013;41:784.
22. Janz DR, Bastarache JA, Rice TW, Bernard GR, Warren MA, Wickersham N, et al. Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial of Acetaminophen for the Reduction of Oxidative Injury in Severe Sepsis: The ACROSS Trial. Crit Care Med 2015;43:534.
23. Zhao W-X, Zhang J-H, Cao J-B, Wang W, Wang D-X, Zhang X-Y, et al. Acetaminophen attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced cognitive impairment through antioxidant activity. J Neuroinflammation 2017;14:17.
24. Zhang T, Zhang Q, Guo J, Yuan H, Peng H, Cui L, et al. Non-cytotoxic concentrations of acetaminophen induced mitochondrial biogenesis and antioxidant response in HepG2 cells. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 2016;46:71-9.
25. Oliver J. Acetaminophen attenuates rhabdomyolysis-induced renal failure. Kidney Int 2010;77:941-2.
26. Petejova N, Martinek A. Acute kidney injury due to rhabdomyolysis and renal replacement therapy: a critical review. Crit Care 2014;18:224.
27. Cil O, Ertunc M, Gucer KS, Ozaltin F, Iskit AB, Onur R. Endothelial dysfunction and increased responses to renal nerve stimulation in rat kidneys during rhabdomyolysis-induced acute renal failure: role of hydroxyl radical. Ren Fail 2012;34:211-20.
28. Oliveira SF, Pinho L, Rocha H, Nogueira C, Vilarinho L, Dinis MJ, et al. Rhabdomyolysis as a presenting manifestation of very long-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency. Clin Pract 2013; 3:e22.